Nutrition test MyDNAPedia is a saliva test, and you will have to collect a saliva sample with special collection swabs, included in the package.
This product is testing:
- Overweight risk and fat metabolism. Overweight is an accumulation of more fat in a body than it’s optimally healthy. The causes of excess weight influence the distribution of adipose tissue and adipose tissue characteristics (softness, flexibility, a percentage of liquid). Also, it may cause changes in the skin (stretch, enlarged pores which are called “cellulite”). The overweight can grow to another stage where the excess body fat has been accumulated so much that it may cause some health problems. This medical condition is called obesity.
- The effect of the consumption of processed meat on colon cancer. Colon cancer is a type of uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells that can develop in the colon, rectum, or both. Together, the colon and rectum make up the large intestine (also called the large bowel). The large intestine carries the remnants of digested food from the small intestine and eliminates them as waste through the anus. Colorectal tumors begin as small growths (polyps) on the inside of the large intestine. Polyps that aren’t removed eventually can become cancerous, break through the wall of the colon or rectum, and spread to other areas. Colon cancer is a common type of cancer in the United States. It is the second most common cause of death from cancer in the country. A nutrition test will help you to prevent this condition and live a healthy life.
- Lactose metabolism*. Lactose is a carbohydrate found in milk and some processed foods consisting of two monosaccharides. This carbohydrate is split into glucose and galactose by the ferment known as lactase. Later these particles are trapped by the sodium-dependent glucose carrier that helps to carry the saccharides into the cells. Sometimes the production of this enzyme is insufficient, in this case, lactose intolerance occurs – a person is unable to digest lactose, the carbohydrate present in milk. This disorder is quite common worldwide.
- Alcohol metabolism. The capacity of the body to tolerate certain amounts of alcohol is known as alcohol tolerance.
The conception of alcohol tolerance includes direct tolerance, the continuation of ebriety, and resistance to the development of alcohol dependence.
- Caffeine metabolism. Caffeine tolerance is a condition when caffeine has no more effect on the person’s body. Caffeine is the most consumed psychoactive substance and therefore a drug. It was estimated that about 80% of the world’s population consumes caffeine every day. The popularity of this substance is connected with its ability to alleviate fatigue, increase the feeling of wakefulness and improve concentration and focusing. However, it was estimated that 5 grams of caffeine (30-40 cups of regular coffee) may result in the death of the consumer. It is very important to check your caffeine tolerance by Nutrition test since caffeine is so common product around the world.
- Tasting bitter.
- Celiac disease**. Celiac disease is a chronic disorder caused by the body’s unusual reaction to gluten which results in damage to the intestines and poor absorption in the guts (malabsorption). Celiac disease is of autoimmune origin, meaning that the cells of the intestinal villi are damaged by the body’s own immune system and inflammatory reaction due to gluten intolerance, this protein is commonly found in wheat, rye, and barley. When the mucous membranes and the cells are damaged, the villi of the small intestines become flat (villous atrophy) and the absorption of the nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, and fats is decreased (malabsorption). Celiac disease has many faces, only a small proportion of individuals with celiac disease have classic symptoms, whereas a much bigger number of ill individuals have an atypical disease presentation. Furthermore, minimally active, completely asymptomatic disease (“silent celiac disease”) is observed in an even greater number of persons.
- Resistance to norovirus. Norovirus (winter vomiting bug) is a highly contagious virus that causes vomiting, diarrhea, and stomach cramps. Norovirus is the group of RNA-containing viruses that belong to the Caliciviridae family. Norwalk virus is the only species of the genus Norovirus. Serotypes, strains, and isolates include Norwalk virus; Hawaii virus; Snow Mountain virus; Mexico virus; Desert Shield virus; Southampton virus; Lordsdale virus and Wilkinson virus. The RNA genome in noroviruses easily mutates to produce new norovirus types.
* Lactose metabolism-related genetic modifications. The test does not concern the diagnosis of lactose intolerance.
** Genetic variants that affect the risk of gluten intolerance.
⇒ FREE AND SAME/NEXT DAY SHIPPING (estimated delivery time 3-4 days).
⇒ DISCREET DELIVERY. We deliver all our products in white envelopes. There will be no content description on the outside of the envelope. As a result, no one besides you will know the nature of the contents inside.